AIA NWPR Emerging Firm Awards
Deadline for submissions: now closed
Intent to enter now closed
The AIA Northwest and Pacific Region (NW+PR) 2017 Emerging Firm Award recognizes emerging firms that are challenging traditional perceptions and methods of architecture.
Emerging Firm Award Eligibility Criteria:
- Firms must have been in practice ten years or less (August 25, 2007 or later).
- All partners, principals, and managing personnel shall be Emerging Professionals as defined by AIA. (Emerging Professionals are defined as students, recent graduates and architects licensed less than 10 years.)
- Primary firm office must be located within the AIA Northwest and Pacific Region.
- The Principal(s) submitting for the award must be members in good standing with the AIA and their assigned chapter within the AIA Northwest and Pacific Region.
- Firm supports staff membership in the AIA.
- Firms that have won the award in the past or have previously won an AIA National Firm award are ineligible.
MW|Works Receives 2016 Emerging Firm Award
mw|works is a small, collaborative design studio based in Washington State. Their work is rooted in the region, every project informed by the unique character of this landscape and expressive of our region’s strong legacy of craft. A collaborative approach that began as a necessary process to elevate even the smallest budget became the cornerstone of how they approach innovation and exibility on every project to carry out a strong design vision. Their work today remains committed to that standard, providing thoughtful and compelling design solutions and a high level of service to projects of all scopes and budgets.