2018 emerging FIRM AWARD CALL FOR ENTRIES
The AIA Northwest and Pacific Region (NW+PR) 2018 Emerging Firm Award seeks to recognize new practices that are challenging traditional perceptions and methods of architecture.
The award will be presented during the Honors and Awards Program on November 15 in Honolulu, HI in conjunction with the AIA Honolulu Design Symposium 2018.
Emerging Firm Award Eligibility Criteria (Please note updated eligibility guidelines)
- Firms must have been in practice ten years or less (August 20, 2008 or later).
- At least one partner or principal shall be an Emerging Professional as defined by AIA. (Emerging Professionals are defined as students, recent graduates and architects licensed less than 10 years.)
- Primary firm office must be located within the AIA Northwest and Pacific Region.
- The Principal(s) submitting for the award must be members in good standing with the AIA and their assigned chapter within the AIA Northwest and Pacific Region.
- Firm supports staff membership in the AIA.
- Firms that have won the award in the past or have previously won an AIA National Firm award are ineligible.
Click to download Emerging Firm Submission guidelines.
Click the image below to purchase Emerging Firm entry packet
there were no awards given in the
2017 emerging firm awards
MW|Works Receives 2016 Emerging Firm Award
mw|works is a small, collaborative design studio based in Washington State. Their work is rooted in the region, every project informed by the unique character of this landscape and expressive of our region’s strong legacy of craft. A collaborative approach that began as a necessary process to elevate even the smallest budget became the cornerstone of how they approach innovation and exibility on every project to carry out a strong design vision. Their work today remains committed to that standard, providing thoughtful and compelling design solutions and a high level of service to projects of all scopes and budgets.